Southwest Minnesota Farm Business Management Association
Operator's Cash Rent Worksheet
This Microsoft Excel worksheet "Operator's Cash Rent Worksheet" is useful for farmers to calculate what cash rent they can afford in 2014. The worksheet was created by David Bau, an Extension Educator in Agricultural Business Management.
Disaster and Crop
Written by C. Robert Holcomb and Gary Hachfeld, Extension Educators. This one page fact sheet includes information on Disaster and Crop Insurance Payments and their effect on your income tax return. Any crop insurance proceeds you receive need to be included as infom on your tax return. You generally include the income in the year the payment is received. Crop insurance also includes crop disaster payments received from the federal government as a result of destruction or damage to crops, or the inability to plant crops, because of drought, flood, or other natural disaster.
To view some of these files you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
Click here to install Acrobat Reader.
Cash Rent Information
Center for Farm Financial Management
PcMars & General Computer Information
Education Planning Information
Estate Planning Series (December 2011)
- Estate Planning Principles
- Distribution of Estate Assets
- Establishing a Will
- Trusts: Definitions, Types, & Taxation
- Revocable Living Trust
- Gifting Assets
- Tax Issues for Estate Planning
- Life Insurance in Estate Planning
- Long-Term Health Care Planning
- Steps in Estate Settlement
- Distributing Personal & Household Assets
Financial Statement Series (December 2011)
FINBIN Executive Summary
SE Minnesota Farm Business Management Reports
Statewide Organic Financial Reports
Transferring the Farm Series (December 2011)
- Preparing to Transfer the Farm Business
- Farm Business Transfer Strategies
- Utilizing Partnerships & Corporations to Transfer Farm Assets
- Transferring Livestock & Machinery
- Should You Sell Your Real Estate?
- Gifting Farm Assets
- Tax Considerations When Transferring Assets
- Treatment of Heirs in the Transfer Process
- Developing a Written Transition Plan Outline
- Financial Help For Beginning Minnesota Farmers
- Putting a Value on Sweat Equity
Current Crop Production Research, Financial Trends from the Southwest Minnesota Farm Business Management Association (SWMBFMA) as well as UMN Agriculture and Business Management Updates on Land Rents, Estate Planning and Farm Tax issues will also be presented by UMN SW Outreach and Research Center Staff and Extension Educators.