Elementary Field Day
Every September, SWROC hosts Elementary Field Day, a unique opportunity for area fourth graders to visit the center and learn about the science of agriculture. Students rotate around stations and spend the day learning about environmental science, health and safety, and food production.
Thousands of area students have participated in Elementary Field Day since it began in 1996. The program increases agricultural literacy among students who are already familiar with agriculture as well as those who may not have a direct connection to agriculture but live in our rural area.
Elementary Field Day is a joint effort among the following sponsors:
- Southwest Research and Outreach Center
- University of Minnesota Extension
- Cottonwood County Farm Bureau
- Redwood County Farm Bureau
- Redwood Electric Cooperative
- South Central Electric Association