Benefits of SWMFBMA membership
All SWMFBMA members receive:
- A designated field staff member who is familiar with your farm to consult with in multiple individual sessions each year as well as over the phone and mail.
- Training to improve your record keeping and understand the financial and profitability analysis of your farm.
- Confidential benchmarking reports comparing your farm to other member farms.
- Annually updated balance sheets, income statements, enterprise profitability statements, individualized "Rank-em" reports and an SWMFBMA annual report.
- Help with long-term planning for potential expansion, machinery purchases, adding or removing enterprises and succession planning.
- Access to educational events specifically designed for members in cooperation with the SWROC and Ag Business Management Extension.
- SWFMBA newsletters covering current management issues and changes in farm financial management and reporting standards.
Two types of SWMFBMA membership are available:
- Farm Management Only—members receive all services mentioned above.
- Farm Management Plus—members receive all services mentioned above as well as annual tax planning in the fall and tax preparation in the spring.
We do not accept members who only wish to have their taxes prepared.
If you are interested in becoming a member and would like more information regarding benefits of membership and costs, contact one of the following SWMFBMA staff members: