The Advancing Ag series provides opportunities for crop producers, ag professionals, and others engaged in the agricultural industry to engage in a dialogue with University of Minnesota researchers and other specialists. Each Advancing Ag event brings together a diverse panel of researchers and specialists to address a crop production topic from multiple disciplines.
Advancing Ag events will be held on the fourth Wednesday of every month. The events are free to attend but participants must pre-register. Each session will be recorded and posted on YouTube at a later date. Certified crop advisors can self-apply for CEUs participating in each session. With questions or requests for accommodations, please email [email protected]
Advancing Ag webinar schedule
Pesticide resistance - How do you know it's happening to you? | June 23
IPM Specialist Bruce Potter will lead a panel discussion and question and answer session on pesticide resistance and what to watch for in your fields.
Edge-of-field practices for mitigating water quality | July 28
Professor Jeff Strock will lead a panel discussion and question and answer session on the effectiveness, benefits and drawbacks various edge-of-field practices for mitigating water quality.
Winter cover crops in corn-soybean rotations | August 25
Associate Professor Axel Garcia y Garcia will lead a panel discussion and question and answer session on winter cover crops in corn-soybean rotations.
All recording links will open in YouTube.
- Ag business management - What can the past tell us about today and tomorrow?
- Benefits of cover crops in regions with limited growing conditions
- Smart manure management: Innovative practices that are showing great potential to improve our food production system
- Building resilience against extreme weather events: Soil health and water management
- Soybean pest management pre-plant decisions - how to balance host plant resistance, chemical decisions and risk